Scott Gosnell joins me for an amazing conversation about Giordano Bruno‘s work, in particular On Magic and Thirty Statues, which he just finished translating and publishing. Our conversation dives into Bruno’s art of binding and his suggestions on how to bind entire cities. We also get into the crazy world of the Florentine Renaissance and explore the stories of Savonarola and Machiavelli.
- Some background on Machiavelli — this is good reading before listening to the podcast, or even after the podcast if you want more info on that guy.
- On Magic by Giordano Bruno, translated by Scott Gosnell
- Thirty Statues: A Book of the Art of Memory & the Art of Invention by Giordano Bruno, translated by Scott Gosnell
- Bottle Rocket Science and the Startup Geometry Podcast
- Scott is @infinite_me on Twitter!